||The distinction of sex needs to be clear, average in size, agile, and with balance.
- The facial expression needs to be gentle, calm, with familiarity and be able to feel the simplicity of the expression.
- The face must have no wrinkles or flab. The mouth must give a firm feeling and not be sagging.
- The nose, the eyes, the mouth, etc., must be in harmony and give a feeling of security.
||Male (♂) 48cm~53cm
Female (♀) 45cm～50cm
- The heightest and lowest ratio is 100 : 110 is proper.
|Face and head
||Looking directly at the head, the forehead needs to be large and the distance between the ears should appropriate
- The head as a whole must not look dull, the forehead slightly protruded so that from the side it is rounded, and the desirable figure of the forehead to mouth should be 6:4 in ratio.
- Brow must not have deep hollow and bend unreasonably. Both sides of cheek must project slowly and roundly and reduce toward the end of nose.
- Fur must not droop under black skin and discolored one is not good.
- The tongue must have no spots, and it is desirable that the top lips lightly cover the bottom lip.
||It ears should be a triangular in shape, leaning slightly forward, symmetrical, and active.
- It is desirable for the ears to be thick and the fur within the ear to be soft and dense. The angle of the ear should be maintained at a right angle to the forehead.
- The desired length of the ear is the length between the eyes to the end of the nose.
||The end of elliptical shape of the eye should be raised at top and its eye color has to be dark brown, transparent and luminary.
- Keeping its shape, the smaller the eyes the better. Also the closer the pupil is to the top, the sharper and wilder it looks and better the concentration and it is a better hunter.
||Black is the established color.
- The nose hole needs to be large and open well.
- It is desirable for the end of the nose to be protruding a little.
- There is no harm in the nose being pink when the color of the dog is white.
||Has to be strong and straight with the front end a little raised.
- The back has to be straight and strongly developed with adequate width and length.
- When walking having elasticity is desirable.
||Should not be sagging down.
- If it looks too large it is a sign of obese.
||The ribs should have elasticity, chest well developed, appropriately deep and not too wide.
- The chest should be well developed.
- If the chest is narrow, the neck and the joints become weak and a proper balance cannot be maintained, therefore it is not desirable.
- If the chest is extremely wide, the joining of the front legs and the chest will not be good and a lot of stress will go to the chest. It is also difficult to leap and to have a well balanced figure, due to the center of gravity leaning forward.
||The front legs should be appropriately spaced and standing erect.
- The front legs should naturally form and be firm. It should also be slightly inclined at the ankles.
- The legs should not be extremely thick compared to the body. Also the paws should be like a cat with elasticity.
- From the font, the front legs should be parallel and not twisted inwards or outwards.
- From the side the leg should come a little forward and bend at the knee at a 100~120°angle and at the ankle at a 140~150° angle.
||The hind legs should look as if leaning forward, appropriately spaced, and firmly placed.
- The rear leg should bend at a 145~150° angle.
- In a proper stance, the hind leg should be firmly placed on the ground and the muscles, ligament, etc., nicely contracted.
||It should be appropriately thick and firmly erect. The tail touching the shin should be sufficient length.
- There are sickle like tails (fishing tail), curled up tails, etc.
- The tail fur needs to be longer than body fur and should be like the weeping willow.
- In the case of the curled tail, it is harmless to be curled once (barely touching the body) but extremely curled is not good.
||The walking and running figure has to be natural and, viewing from the back, the front legs have to be in a straight line. From the side, the back has to be straight.
- When walking the back and the waist should be horizontal and it is desirable for the buttocks not to be swaying side to side.
- When running, it should be swift and yet elastic, full of life, and must not lose its composure.
- Ceukdaebo is not allowed
||It must have loyalty, bravery, guard, hunting, homing instinct, integrity, courage and other superior characteristics.
- The Jindo Dog is courageous, brave, prompt, prudent, and not easily tempted.
- Extremely loyal to the master and on guard to strangers.
- Sensitive and watchful about things in the environment and expresses hostility to male dogs.
|Fur and color
||The hair is soft and thick
- The length of the body fur, back fur and tail fur are all different, but the tail fur is the longest and should stretch out.
- Yellow dog-There are yellow dogs with other colors faintly appearing on the cheek, sides of the mouth, chest, under the stomach, etc. However, white spots at the end of the tail is a blemish.
- White dog-White in color and must not be mixed with any other color. However it is harmless for yellow fur to exist on the end of the shin and ears.
||Reddish brown as the principle color, it must no be excessively old.
||It should be balanced on both sides, not be disheveled or curled.
||The set of teeth should be fair, strong, and the top and bottom teeth should nicely unite.
- The front teeth of the upper jaw should slightly cover above the incisor tooth of the lower jaw in a scissor like shape and setting like gears is proper..
- It is not desirable if the teeth is not fair, extremely worn, or discolored (usually due to sulfuration).
- A dog has a total of 42 teeth
||The Jindo Dog is courageous, brave, prompt, prudent and not easily tempted.
It must have loyalty, bravery, guard, hunting, homing instinct, integrity, courage, biyusung and other superior characteristics.
- Extremely loyal to the master and on guard to strangers.
- Always watchful and sensitive to things in the environment.
- Hunting instinct-Characteristic for hunting
- Homing instinct-Characteristic of returning home and returning to the starting place
- Protectiveness-Characteristic of watching for thieves and guarding
- Uprightness-Characteristic of displaying honesty and faithfulness
- Bravery-Ferocious and brave against other animals.
- Security-Characteristic of telling the owner in the case of intrusion or accident
- Fastidiousness-Characteristic, by comparison, of liking cleanliness more than other dogs
- Temtation-Only obeying the owner even when tempted
- Sensitiveness-Characteristic of the wit and senses being sensitive and sharp.